Thursday, October 6, 2011

Apple Picking

A favorite "must do" here in Connecticut is to visit the local Orchards and pick your own fresh fruit.  I had the opportunity to tag along with some friends this weekend for apple picking and had a great time.  The Orchard isn't far from our house and it happened to be a cloudy brisk morning.  The haze was settled just above the apple trees making it very picturesque.  Despite the glamour of the Orchard, I was too enthralled trying the different varieties of apples to even pull out my camera :( .   I came home with a variety of Empire, Jonamac, Jonagold, and Macoun apples.  Not to mention some fresh apple cider and a small carmel walnut apple pie.

We made some carmel apples topped with crushed nuts and dark chocolate flakes.  I have never been a huge fan of carmel apples, until I had it with fresh crisp apples--amazing!  I am planning to go back soon so I can make some apple pies of my own, and hopefully take some pictures in the Orchard.  I'll keep you posted.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment