Wednesday, May 7, 2014

As of late: our Baby Girl, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Cinco de Mayo

For those of you who don't follow me on Facebook or Instagram, we had our sweet baby girl (surprise!) April 23.  She was 7lbs and 7oz and 20.5 inches long.  (I will post the birth story soon - because it's worth sharing - as most birth stories are).

Here is our first family photo as a family of four!

Here are a couple of pics of the little Angel - Naomi Grace (in case you missed them)
Less than 1 week old

1 week old (I hope the dimples last!! I love dimples)

1 week old

1 week old
The week after Grace was born was a little hectic so heading into the second week I was feeling a little overwhelmed and decided that I just needed to get out and go for a bike ride.  I picked a trail that was all down hill (because I was still too sore to sit on my seat and pedal), passed the kids off to Michael and headed into the mountains.  It was my first time riding since last June when I broke my collarbone and man did I have a great time.  I took it pretty easy, but it just felt great to get outside and do something fun.
Out for my first ride last Thursday, 8 days after Grace was born

Saturday we rallied some friends to go Rock Climbing in Maple Canyon (world famous conglomerate rock climbing).  It was great to get outside and spend the day with friends.

Hiking up to the rock climbing from the parking area (we needed pack mules) (Pictured here with me and Dominic is Charlotte, my friend's daughter)

My friend Rachael came along with her two kids because her husband was out of town.  She is hard core and beautiful -seriously.

Dominic loved playing outside all day.  Here are a few pictures of him, just because he's so stinking cute

His "Cheese" face


Flexing his muscles

The litter of kids between all of us (Naomi is the only one not pictured). There were 8 kids, 7 adults, 3 blankets, and lots of snacks.  Phew.

Dominic enjoying Anya's company.

Back on the rock after a LONG hiatus.

We all had a great time rock climbing and wrangling the kids and enjoying the sunshine.  I am so excited to start enjoying my active hobbies again.

Monday we celebrated Cinco de Mayo as anyone should: with a huge, delicious mexican dinner and piñata.


All in all things are going pretty well here.  Michael just started consulting on a new project that will have him traveling to California for meetings 1 or 2 days per week.  I am happy to say that I am recovering faster from this labor than I did with Dominic.  Dominic is loving having a baby.  He can't say Naomi or Grace, and just refers to her as his "baby".  He is going through lots of adjustments on top of having a new sister (like switching to a "big boy bed"-which he refuses to ever sleep in, being recently potty trained, etc.).  Some days are better than others.  Grace still sleeps a lot and is pretty angelic most of the time - I hope it lasts :).

Stay tuned for my birth story ... 
Hope all is well with you all.
Hugs,
The Escalantes.

1 comment:

  1. Actually had a few rare minutes to sit down and happened upon your blog update....so fun! Naomi Grace (LOVE her name!) is beautiful. You are such a tough mama! I am so anxious to get out and get my climbing body back....let me know if you are going....I am way out of shape still but ACHE to go again! So happy to hear you are all healthy and doing well!

    ReplyDelete