Monday, May 20, 2013

Spring has come


Things I've recently discovered:
  • Dominic LOVES being outside
  • Cherry blossoms always last shorter then I think
  • I will truly miss New Haven when we move
  • It's worth the time and effort to make delicious goat cheese and fresh thyme stuffed Butternut squash shells (plenty of left overs!)
  • If there is a puddle, Dominic will find it and will slosh around in it
  • Dominic loves his friend Mikaal
  • Hard work pays off (more of a rediscovery)
  • I love peach-infused balsamic vinegar (on salads-mmmm!) http://greatoil.com/balsamic_vinegar (a nearby Connecticut company)
  • I love a good lobster roll.  The Connecticut kind-warm lobster on a roll with fresh lemon and butter.  Not to be confused with Massachusetts kind-cold lobster mixed into some kind of mayonnaise salad and put on a bun.
  • Teething means Dominic's angry evil twin emerges for about 1 week. (Molars this past week)
  • Sometimes, no matter how good of a parent you are, your kids can have a melt down

Dominic pushes Mikaal after feeding the fish in the pools

Amigos

Cherry Blossom fight

I love these two kids

Cherry blossoms


We went to a baseball game for the Bridgeport Bluefish

Dominic wasn't sure how he felt about the oversized blue creature poking him and dancing around

I couldn't stop laughing
(we were looking for a baby shower gift and stumbled upon this little backpack so Dominic ran around the store for a bit with this one-eyed monster flopping around on his back)

First thing in the morning Dominic hops into the bike trailer  wanting to go for a ride.

Division St.  My favorite street in New Haven

Dominic loves beans.  I finally caught a few pictures of him smiling




Dominic and I went for a nature stroll and learned about the local ecosystem.  He loved it.  Dominic can't get enough of the outdoors--Takes after his father.




"hmmm, which rock should I throw first"

He loved throwing rocks in the stream





This week we are packing and preparing for our move to Boston.  Michael graduates later today so stay tuned for graduation pictures! (and farewell New Haven pictures)

2 comments:

  1. My heart hurts a little. We so miss New Haven and all of the people there. These pictures made me very nostalgic. Have a wonderful graduation week. Your family deserves the best!

    ReplyDelete