Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Golden Birthday

November 28th was my golden birthday.  That's right.  I'm officially 28.  Although on any given day if someone asks me how old I am, it's as though senility has already set in.  I can usually do the math after a few minutes and produce an accurate answer.  However my ability to actually remember my current age is lacking.  This is why I blog.  My memory is already fading.  The future isn't looking too bright for me!

Anyways, Michael worked hard to get caught up in his homework the night before so we could take a train down to New York and catch the tree lighting ceremony at the Rockefeller Center.  A huge thanks to my neighbor Richelle for watching Dominic for the evening.  We were going to take him with us, but the weather was forecasted to be cold and stormy so we thought it best to leave him behind.  Anyways, here are a few pictures of the evening.

Taking the train down to NYC--supposedly the tree lighting event creates insane traffic so we opted not to drive!

Walking through Times Square we saw this cool ad.  Pretty much sums up our religion.  I would add in 'Family'.

There were so many beautiful lights lining the streets as we made our way to the Rockefeller Center.

...Not to mention enormous tree decorations atop the street fountains.

We stopped for dinner at a lovely Italian place where I had a delicious Calamari dish.   I have to admit that I was once terrified of eating baby octopus.  However I worked up the courage to try one in Spain this Spring, and have loved them ever since!

THE TREE!

Smoochin'

The tree was beautiful amidst the city scape.  

I wished we had taken our camera, because we were left with mostly blurry pictures taken on our phones.  Regardless, we had a lovely evening and a truly memorable night.

The next evening Michael watched Dominic so I could go to dinner with a group of girl friends as a  continuation of my birthday celebration!  We had a great time!

What a great way to celebrate 28 years.

1 comment:

  1. Well at least you aren't as bad as Brandon Reiner who thought he was a year younger than he really was. We showed him the math and counted on fingers, but he didn't believe us till he called Daryn. Poor guy, he lost a year of his life in one conversation.

    ReplyDelete