Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I need help (nothing serious-don't worry)

I've been excited to fill you all in our trip to Boston on Friday (and show pictures of course!), however apparently I've been posting too many photos and videos, because I have used all of my "blogger memory".   Does anyone reading this know how to overcome this difficulty?  I know I can upgrade memory and pay a monthly fee, but I'm not really excited to pay a monthly blogger fee for the rest of eternity.  And I don't really want to just delete old blogs (I put a lot of time into them, between editing/uploading photos/videos, to writing semi-coherent updates!).  Does anyone know if I can download old blogs as a PDF to store on my computer?  I know that I can download all the pictures, but I already have all the pictures on my computer so I don't need that redundancy.  I would however like to have the pictures and text as a cohesive document.

Any insights would be great!
Until next time,
Jodi

3 comments:

  1. I added another gmail address to my blog. They allow only so much storage per email address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely add another email address, if that works. If not, you could copy and paste all the text and pictures into a word document and then save it as a PDF. You might have to adjust the formatting a bit, but you should mostly be able to copy and paste directly. You should probably do that anyway, just in case Blogger crashes or something ridiculous. You can keep these posts like journal entries for your kids to read someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are programs that can easily convert your blog posts to pdfs. In fact, my sister in law prints her blog posts of every year for her families memory books. There are so so many programs so what I would do is google "blog to book" and go through what you think works best for you. I went with a pretty basic looking one that was completely free and took all of 5 minutes. http://www.blogbooker.com It is totally easy but it doesn't print off your background so It is just the text, and photos on white paper (you can format a few things to semi-customize the look). But look into the other programs too.

    ReplyDelete