Sunday, May 6, 2012

Celebrating Dominic's 4-month birthday

We celebrated Dominic's 4 month birthday yesterday in addition to Cinco de Mayo!  See the pictures below for his first rock climbing lessons!  He's a natural.






Oh they start young these days



We recently started tossing Dominic in the air.  He wasn't really sure about it a week or two ago, but it's growing on him.  


He loves to stand up and can't wait to walk around - I know this because he watches the other kids running and playing with such longing.

ticklish neck


His first rock climbing lesson

He caught on really quickly

Soon, he didn't even need me

After rock climbing, we went for sushi at my favorite restaurant in town.  We considered telling our server that we were celebrating a birthday in hopes for a musical performance by the staff and free dessert, but we figured they might not go for it.  So after dinner, we headed to the grocery store to pick up a little celebratory ice cream.  And not just any ice cream, Ben and Jerry's.  I'm hopeful to visit the B&J's factory while living here on the East coast (Vermont).

Ben and Jerry's comes in a baby portion! 

He seemed excited about the possibilities...

Like father, like son

We finished the evening with a classic movie from the 70's called "The Sting" with Robert Redford and Paul Newman.  Overall, I'd say it was a great birthday bash.


Dominic is maturing so quickly.  It's fun to see him make developmental progress.  This picture was taken today at church.

just chillin, waiting for daddy to finish his responsibilities

waiting for a big catch

I had been dying to get out and take pictures of the spring flowers so earlier this week I took Dominic on a photo shoot.




loving the camera (at what age does this change I wonder?)




I love his giggles

We've started playing airplane with him.  He is at really fun age.


Other notable pictures from the week:
his hair kills me...even while he's napping it looks great!

Without being too graphic, I wanted to show off Dominic's new skills.  Whenever we change his diaper, he's learned to pull his legs up and hold them out of the way.  I am amazed that he knows to do this at such a young age.

cuddle time with papa

Michael is half way through his finals.  A few more tests/papers this week, and he will be done with first year of graduate school at Yale.  I can't believe it.  We have been so blessed this year.  We leave for Europe next Sunday which will be a wonderful experience.  Hopefully Dominic will enjoy traveling... Then we're off to Boston for 10 weeks....

Stay tuned! It's going to be a great summer!


1 comment:

  1. 2 thoughts: 1)he needs a helmet and 2) I love his giggles too. Hope you are having a fabulous trip!
    xoxo
    lisa

    ReplyDelete