Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Boston MA!

My first trip to Boston was a quick one merely wetting my appetite.  We carpooled up with some friends to visit the LDS temple in Boston.  We baby-sat their 10-month old son while they went in together and then we went in after.  Because it was Labor Day, the last session started at 11:00am and just happened to be in Spanish.  What a cool experience!  It was Michael's first time doing it in Spanish since his mission, which he enjoyed.

After we left the temple, we grabbed some lunch and did a little shopping.  However, the other couple was ready to begin the trek home (about 2 1/2 hours) because their little guy hadn't really napped all day.  I wish we could've seen/done more...but there is always next time!


I have now been to 16 states.  Prior to this year, I had only been to 7!

Baby update:
The baby seems to be doing well...kicking and squirming all the time.  I am continually peer pressured by many of you and others to open "the envelope" and yesterday felt myself caving in.  However, I held strong and haven't peeked yet so the surprise remains!  Here is a fun picture of me that Michael took last week on our way home from the climbing gym where you get a pretty good glimpse of my baby bump.


Hope you are all doing well.  Hugs and kisses.

4 comments:

  1. Do it! Do it! Open it! Or, if you'd like, you can just send it here to China. Then you won't have the temptation sitting in your house, it will be half way across the world with me instead. Sounds like a good plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda feel like a stalker, since I'm not actually sure we've met, but I also feel like the escalantes are my family, so that makes me feel less stalkerish...anyway, just wanted to say, anytime you two make it up to Boston again, we have an air mattress and (some) ideas on what to do and see. We're still getting used to the area ourselves but we've done some fun things and figured out how to do them cheaply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you need to frame that picture and put it in your little ones future room...i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure which picture they are referring to, but I love the one in front of the temple! And I think you might be arching your back to try to help us see your baby bump. :)

    ReplyDelete