Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sleeping Giant State Park

Today I embarked on my road bike toward Sleeping Giant State Park.  After about 8 miles, Baby and I arrived and pulled into a beautiful forested area just beyond the parking lot.


I ventured 1 1/2 miles up the trail to a tower overlooking New Haven and the Long Island Sound.  The view was great and worth the trek.



The view from atop

Hooray for timed exposures



After returning home, Michael and I headed to the climbing gym with a few of the other guys from the SOM (School of Management).  Boy am I excited to lay down in bed.

Other notes of worth: The baby was really rambunctious this morning.  It felt like the poor chap was trying to "break free".   Ultrasound on Friday!

Also, a guy came and looked at our blinds today.  2 out of 3 need to be replaced so he will be back next week to install the new ones.  Is it weird how excited I am about new blinds?  Anything new can only help improve the smell in our apartment-although I do feel like we are slowing starting to win the battle.
That's it for today.  Toodles.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! What does the name Sleeping Giant signify? And what is the structure? Did Audra end up going? How was climbing - was it just you and the guys or where there any other women?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And - are you so excited for tomorrow!?

    ReplyDelete