Friday, November 29, 2013

Update: Cancun, Moving, Thanksgiving and My Birthday!

It's been a crazy month for us!  It's official.  We are no longer North Easterners.  Michael moved all of our belongings from our storage unit in Connecticut onto a truck 2 weeks ago to be shipped to Utah.  Then he hopped on a plane and meet Dominic and I in Cancun where we spent all last week swimming and playing on the beach (mostly).  We got back to Utah this Monday and with our belongings having arrived from CT, spent Tuesday and Wednesday unloading our truck into our new apartment in downtown SLC.  (If anyone ever wants to come visit, we are only 10 minutes from the airport and would love the company!)

Yesterday was of course Thanksgiving and (some of you know) my birthday so we spent lots of time visiting family and eating good food.  Michael and I played volleyball in the evening with my brother and group of friends.  Michael bought me a new flash for our camera for my birthday! I am super stoked to learn how to use it!  He got me the Canon 430EX II and a lulu lemon climbing tank and pants--They make the cutest and most comfortable workout clothes around.  Some of you know what I'm talking about... :)

The rest of the weekend we are going to work on unpacking more boxes and trying to get settled before Michael leaves for Philly early Monday morning--back to work for him as usual.  It has been nice having him around the last two weeks.

I have really mixed feelings about settling into an apartment in Salt Lake City.  The outdoor scene is almost unbeatable, but I really miss the culture and beauty of New England.  Cost of living is really cheap here which is nice with Michael having just graduated and a new babe on the way.  We also love being close to our families, but will miss the experiences of relying on and building familial-like relationships with friends and neighbors.

Well, I have lots of unpacking, cleaning and organizing to do! Just wanted to give a quick update.  I will try to get Cancun pictures posted soon!

Until then, here is a little teaser to get you excited for the rest of the photos:

Chichen Itza: One of the 7 World Wonders

Enjoying the gorgeous beach right outside our hotel

I have loved dolphins my whole life, and as an early birthday gift from Michael, I got to participate in a dolphin program.  More details to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment