Thursday, November 8, 2012

DIY project-Car Caddy






I found this cute idea for a car caddy online so I decided to make one for my friend's son for his birthday.  The project looked easy and fast at first glance, but somehow I ended taking much longer than anticipated to finish it.  I was so proud of myself for finding all the materials laying around my house.

Here is the original:
http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009/12/cozy-car-caddy-tutorial.html






So, here are the supplies I wrestled up from the basement: 1 denim skirt.  1 snowman wall hanging.  1 black leather belt.  and 1 toddler button-up shirt.




And many days later...

TA-DAH!
  The green piece was originally the snowman wall hanging--I just painted it with acrylic paint.
And I opted to stencil his name instead of using numbers

When it's all folded up!


I have enough materials to make one for Dominic...however it may be a while before I can get to it! :)

1 comment:

  1. Jodi I love that! I have that same problem...thinking something will be super easy ti whip up. Regardless of how long it took I think it turned out really well. You'll just have to give yourself a time frame when you decide to make one for Dominic. Just tell yourself you want to have it done for his birthday. That should give you plenty of time...right!? :)

    ReplyDelete