Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New York City, you're so pretty

Michael had an innovation conference in New York last Thursday, so Dominic and I decided to tag along and spend the day in The City.  The train was packed with Yankee's fans since it was the season opener (home game).  We hope to make it to a Yankees game soon!

Dominic's first train ride-I think he enjoyed it!

I wonder how many movies have be filmed in Grand Central Station.  I was really excited to see it in person!  It really is a cool building.  It's huge and gorgeous inside.

We dropped Michael and his classmates off at the innovation conference and Dominic and I hit the streets of Sojo.  I could be entertained by the shopping there for days!


His first time in the streets of New York...I'm sure you can see he is very enthralled.

Beautiful trees in bloom.  New York City does a great job of keeping the city beautiful with lots of parks

The new Freedom Tower under construction (replacement for the twin towers I believe).  You should "Google" images for computer generated images of the final product.  It's going to be a really pretty building I think.

A view of the Statue of liberty and Staten Island.  I loved seeing all the people out jogging and pushing strollers.  Lots more people then I expected to see during the middle of the day.

City Scene

Our lovely tour guide, Lisa.

Lisa was an absolute sweetheart and took us to lunch and then gave us a tour through Sojo, Tribeca, and Battery City Park.  We had a great time catching up and taking in the sites.  She was a good sport and endured my picture-taking.  I feel like we walked miles and miles!!  By the time we met up with Michael after the conference (around 6pm), Dominic and I were tuckered!!

We stopped by an Indian Restaurant and had a delicious dinner with some of Michael's classmates before racing back to Grand Central Station to catch a train back to New Haven.


Prashant and Priyanka (our friends-both are graduating from SOM-School of Management-this year).

The little guy slept most of the train ride home.  He was so well-behaved and such a good sport.

I have many more pictures to show, of our recent adventures, but it will have to wait until next time!!!  Stay tuned!

Hugs,
Jodi, Michael, and D-man

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! And I love your picture taking!!! Especially the results! It was fun being your tour guide...next time, I'll prepare by reading a guide book so I can be more "official."

    ReplyDelete