Monday, November 14, 2011

A short update with some GREAT pics!-check it out

This last week was crazy for Michael, and this week will be even more crazy in anticipation for Thanksgiving break.  Last week he was at school everyday from about 8:30am-9:30pm working hard on projects, attending seminars, meeting company representatives, etc.  This week he has to complete half a dozen large, difficult projects that are due before the break so he is feeling a little overwhelmed.  Hopefully after he turns in the projects however, it will allow him a little breathing room during the break.  After Thanksgiving there are 2 more weeks of classes, then finals!!  Not to mention he is supposed to be finalizing resumes and cover letters for several different companies in the next couple of weeks in anticipation for the summer internship.  He is busy, busy, busy and will be relieved when the semester is over.  However, then the little one will arrive and we will experience a different and new kind of busy!

As for our recent adventures, this weekend was pretty low key as a result of Michael's rigorous schedule.  We went on a date Friday night and hung out with some other couples from church .  Saturday morning Michael played soccer to release a little energy before studying most of the day.  In the evening we stopped by a party hosted by some friends, then invited our neighbors over for dinner .  There was a photographer at the party that took a few great pics of Michael and I .  The theme was: Awkward Family Photos...So we dressed up in matching denim on denim outfits.

I tried my best to make my bangs poofy, but this was the best I could do


Sunday was pretty uneventful.  The highlight: we made a divine dinner-spiced butternut squash pasta with browned garlic shrimp--mmmmmmmm!  We went for a drive around sun down and happened to catch a great sunset on film.

At the peak of the sunset

The colors were absolutely radiant

Seriously--no photoshop involved--the colors were amazing

In the fleeting light of the sunset

34/40 weeks along! (as of 11.13.11)

34 weeks along

I had a great day today (Monday).  I went for a bike ride this morning, then rushed off to a religion discussion class.  Following the class my friend, Michele and I went for a hike and explored West Rock Ridge State Park.  Take a look at our pics!


From my bike ride this morning-a top East Rock Park---I'm glad to know I can still make the hill climb on my bike

The rest of the pictures are from our adventurous hike around West Rock Ridge State Park:

Real swans! I had never seen them in person before!





My pal Michele is due on December 9th, just a few weeks before me!

We decided to take pregnancy glamour shots



Then we tried to do yoga poses, which were not so glamorous!

At least my tongue isn't sticking out in this attempt!

We settled on a peaceful meditation pose instead

Well, that's it for today's random ramblings.  I hope you enjoyed some of the pictures!

Hugs and Kisses-Jodi and Michael

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed both "The Glass Castle" and "Water for Elephants." Beware of a few sketchy parts in the latter, but overall, it's a great read. I would definitely recommend "The Poisonwood Bible" -- I loved it. It is extremely thought provoking, which was refreshing since I feel like I've gotten progressively dumber since I graduated :) If you haven't read "These is My Words," you should -- AMAZING book. So sweet. I also really loved "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" -- it reminded me a lot of "The Help" in some ways. I am always on the lookout for a good read, so if you have any recommendations, send them my way!

    PS -- LOVE the pregnant yoga shots :) What an adorable belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - beautiful pictures of the sunset! Ha ha - I love the yoga poses! Way more graceful than I would be, even with your baby helping! Good luck to Michael in the next few weeks...I know he will do great! lmk if you need anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jodie,
    I didn't know you had a blog! You guys sound like you're having fun out there!
    Love, love, love the awkward family photo shot! Denim, on denim! Ha!
    Good to see you two!
    Becca

    ReplyDelete